All property photos
This attractive Glenview home features a bright three-plus bedroom, two-plus bath floor plan with distinctive details and versatile in-law space. A generous foyer opens to adjoining formal rooms with pristine hardwood floors, handsome accents and original built-ins. The sunny eat-in kitchen with quartz counters, stainless appliances and a dining banquette opens to a delightful backyard, garden and covered dining patio. Finished basement with a kitchenette and separate bath provides flexible workspace or guest quarters. Spacious garage with work station and optimal interior access. Additional garage for storage or workshop space. Great neighborhood location with convenient access to transportation and popular restaurants in Glenview.
- New dual-pane windows installed in kitchen, dining room, living room - 2004
- Gas stubs in backyard for bbq /hot tub - 2004
- Gas stubs in the driveway for bbq - 2004
- New attic insulation - 2005
- Remodeled Master bathroom - 2005
- Heated floors in both bathrooms - Master in 2005 and main hallway in 2008
- Remodeled main bathroom (bathtub tile, and floor tile), + Kerdi underlayment - 2008
- New electrical panel - 2010
- Installed attic flooring for storage space - 2011
- Built-in kitchen banquette – 2014
- Installed Noritz tankless water heater - 2014
- New gates to backyard - 2014
- New roof - 2015
- New shower in in-law - 2015
- New plumbing in in-law kitchen & bath - 2015
- New kitchen cabinets in in-law - 2015
- New heating ductwork in in-law - 2015
- Installed Cat 5/5e ethernet network cable for high-speed networking - 2015
- Back steps replaced - 2015
- Solar panels installed - 2017
- New interior & exterior Paint - 2021
- Refinished hardwood floors - 2021
- New stainless appliances in primary kitchen - 2021
- Installed quartz countertops in primary kitchen - 2021
- New washer/dryer in primary kitchen - 2021
- New flooring & carpet installed in in-law - 2021
- New refrigerator in in-law - 2021
- New interior/exterior lighting - 2021
- New landscaping & dedicated sprinkler/drip system - 2021
Glenview at a Glance
Situated in the Oakland foothills, Glenview is a small residential neighborhood full of single family bungalows and traditionally styled dwellings dating back to the 1920s and 30s. Located in the heart of the city, its arterial road, Park Boulevard, connects Highways 13 and 580. Park Blvd. marks the path that fallen redwoods took to the lumberyards over a century ago, and along which ranchers drove their carts before the first crop of tract bungalows sprung up in the early 1900s.
In 2021, a century after the area went from wilderness to subdivision, the Glenview business district thrives. Most of the businesses in Glenview are mom-and-pop shops and include a market and several salons. Fine restaurants, retail services, parks and friendly residents make this community a great place to call home. Diablo Magazine called it Oakland’s Gourmet Ghetto, given the unlikely find of several great restaurants in one suburban block. Bellanico, Marzano, Sushi Park and Paulista often cater to standing room crowds.
Glenview is highly desirable for the walk-ability to shops, dining and coffee; it’s proximity to both 580 and Highway 13 and casual car-pool to San Francisco. The V line bus that stops on Park Blvd and zips you non-stop to SF! The V line is comfortable and is equipped with wifi.
The profile of residents in Glenview is diverse. Senior homeowners, professional singles, couples, young families, and San Francisco transplants. Buyers who seek homes with a yard, but who don’t want to give up the “walk to” aspect find the perfect mix in this neighborhood.
Glenview’s ideal proximity in the Oakland Hills affords its residents optimal East Bay weather conditions with lots of sunshine and little fog. Those who are downsizing from a larger home are taking advantage of the benefit of a ‘walking neighborhood’ without the Rockridge price points. There is a binding sense of community and pride of place in Glenview, demonstrated by a strong neighborhood association and annual block parties.
Glenview has several churches and a synagogue. Glenview Elementary and Edna Brewer Middle School are highly rated and boast top scores in the Oakland Unified School District. Glenview Elementary has undergone a complete renovation and reopened earlier this year. Twelve-acre Dimond Park runs along Glenview's eastern side, with oak and redwood trees populating the green space. Amenities include picnic areas, playgrounds, and a swimming pool.
Sundays - August 8th & 15th 2-4:30 PM
Agents - Please refer to Requirements & Instructions in MLS Confidential Remarks for showings via Lockbox by licensed Realtors.
Offers - Wednesday, August 18th - 2 PM
Contact Christian Downer